Wednesday, January 28, 2009

day 6

Okay girls...
Still work on your office spaces. Mine is a work in progress...not really sure if I will have it done yet. I have a confession...

I hired a cleaning lady to deep clean my house for the first time on Friday...It was WONDERFUL! They did a great job too! I really needed it. We have been in our home continously for 8 months with little break and I feel all I do is "surface" clean and the dust and grime was piling up! We also had Christmas and company after Christmas for a week and it was really good to get to maintable square one. So...phew there ya go. I confessed my awesome guilty pleasure to all!

moving on...

I am starting a number of projects soon. 3 framed pics, two paintings, painting a baby boys nursery (owner of "pickles and ice cream), maybe a bench, and I have 6 projects in my house I want to tackle. I got word from Robin Marsh on News 9 that in the spring she wants me to look at her playroom and "do somethin', girl!"...she seems really nice. But that will be down the road. i feel the business coming on...

breathe.

okay...got to take it one day at a time. This is where the whole "overwhelmed" feeling comes on and I end up neglecting things like my home or laundry. Which is fine compared to spending time with my family...but it does eat at me that it is there. It is all a process and seasons we go through. Mine is never ending it seems. It is really nice to take it slow though without stress like with Schafer's stuff. We have been going slow, but now with this huge burden lifted to embrace life more than before where I felt trapped and worried. I am just rambling though enough about me...all that to say...I have boat loads of projects to share soon. Everyone enjoy their snowy days!!!! Love on your family and paint, clean, or decorate something!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Keep going! It is so easy to get bogged down with the day to day an lose focus. I have been working on my house for months now and every so often, I have fall off the wagon and have to refocus and get back to it! Sometimes it is hard to get busy again, but I need to get busy again!

deleise said...

Don't feel guilty about hiring! That is what I call buying time. If you can afford to pay someone to do time-consuming activities, that frees you up to be involved in things that really matter. No guilt, friend!