Wednesday, January 21, 2009

day 2- "six list"

Before we go to bed, every night, write down the six most important things you need to get accomplished the next day -no more, and no less. Do not go on the next thing until you complete the first thing on your list, and so on. I really think that if I get myself back in the habit of making my list, I will save so much time. So, every night before bed we are going to make our lists - are you with me? Now, for good measure, I'm going to throw in some other challenges today. Clear up your schedule issues. Our schedules are one of the domains God gave us to rule and subdue - we must not let it rule us. Figure our your "time wasters" and then execute a plan to regain your time. For example, computer time can be a huge time waster (blogging, shopping, pictures etc.) We have to set limits, or we could spend hours wasting time. Here's what I'm going to implement:
No computer time while the kids are up (except morning video time)
During kiddos naps, set a timer for 20 minutes of computer time. When timer goes off, get to work!
In the evening, after the kiddos are in bed and if hubby is doing something else, then computer time. Do not neglect hubby!


"Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise - sensible, intelligent people; making the very most of the time - buying up each opportunity - because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-17

Let's get to work!

Now that we have our priorities set, our "six list" on the horizon, and we're working towards gaining back our time, let's get to work. let's clean our kitchens well - including the refrigerator.

oh...here is my "six"

1.fold clean laundry

2.wash my sheets

3.clean rest of laundry in all hampers

4.pick up livingroom(that will always be on my list)

5.pick-up myt room after sheets are done

6. do sketches for a clients baby's room

I will post my "before" and "afters" tomorrow morning...will you? Try the list!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I am a huge list person. I make a list titled "To Do This Week" I try and accomplish everything on that list within the week. I will have to try a daily list as well. Thanks for the motivation.