Tuesday, April 28, 2009

where have all the bloggers gone?

Dear Bloggers,

I remember the first time I searched for a blog. It was a friends. Oh, how I found it intriguing! The thrill of pictures, plethora of news, creative blog backgrounds stretched awkwardly across the screen, and the composition of song. How my heart leaped when new blogs of dear friends joined this crazy craze. The feelings of connection and up to the date information made my lonely days. Silly kids playing, smiling, saying the darnest things, what's for dinner, and the occasional birthday and/or anniversary were so lovely. The deep thoughts, comical moments, decorating delimas always set my head spinning. So I ask you now..."Bloggers where have you (consistently) gone?" I read your words once in a great moon after your time update is past "4 weeks" and/or wishing everyone a "Happy Valentine's Day"...which ever one comes first. If I may leave you with this thought bloggers...wipe the dust of your "new post" button and give your FACE BOOK AND TWITTER ACCOUNTS a rest. These tiny little blurbs are throughout your day...though addicting are not satisfying to readers and friends. I know the urge of scoping out old high school chumps...oops i mean chums and seeing who they married and what their children molded into is at times a legal way of spying on each other, but we need depth and substance from each other. So please reclaim your blogs more often. Thank you.

The mom that has been stuck in a house for more than 10 months people!!!
Kacie

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! But seriously we need to get on it. Including me. I really do enjoy hearing about stuff from everyone. And though I may not always leave a comment...I do read them! Gotta love my comic relief...huh! I know ya can do it...I see ya on facebook. Not twitter though it still sounds dirty when you say, "I twittered you"!

3 comments:

everyday graces said...

Hello Miss Kacie. It's been awhile. I found your blog through facebook obviously. It's funny though, b/c I find myself less and less on facebook. I think I'm getting a little tired of it. Anyhoo I just thought I'd say "hi". Now I have another blog to add to the bookmark :-) Come visit me at my family blog
http://www.amberandstephen.com/amber/

the blogger blog is semi "anonymous". I started it for an e-course I'm doing. you can join me there as well.

The Nadeau Family said...

Guess I am one of those guilty moms!! You're right!! By the way...thanks for your sweet message on FACEBOOK!!! Love ya!!

leaving the gray said...

good word Ms. Berkel. it is kinda sad, the migration from blogs to facebook. I used to update my blog a couple times a week; now i'm doing good if it update it more than once a month.
Sorry we had to leave the party early the other day... Calin was having a bad day. Sounds like the party didn't skip a beat.