Monday, April 20, 2009

oh my little babydoll

Okay...


Haiden woke me up yesterday morning and we started our routine of going potty etc. After we were done we went to get her robe, and she wanted to read ME a story. Which was fine with me cause I was still in zombie mode. So, we climbed in her bed and she grabbed her kid bible. You know the one with pictures and words. She randomly started opening the bible in different places telling me stories. For instants, "See saw (Esau) and Check-up (Jacob) were talking one day...see they both have beards." "Oh, here's Noah, and Noah, and Noah, and Noah. Four Noah's and they are in front of the ark or a big tower." Mommy trying not to laugh, "Baby, those are just men in front of the tower of babel." "But they have beards that are gray like Noah, Mommy." "Then there was a tree on fire and the snake turned into a stick then back in to a snake, and the man was scared and covered his face." I then said, "Okay Baby, that is Moses, the burning bush, and God turned Moses' stick into a snake then back to the stick. But you were close...hehehe." No mommy he looks like Jesus. Well, I'm done let's go get some warm milk...not cold, warm."

Well, as you can see I had a very colorful bible lesson. We have some clearing up to do, but i love that she loves the bible. I pray that as she gets older it will be a source of time with her Heavenly Father and she will see the life in the words rather than it just being stories. Her innocence is precious. Here is a pic of my little babydoll when she was 3 months old...man do they grow-up fast!

4 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

How cute! Enjoy them...they grow up so much faster than you realize. Believe me...now I know.

Angela & Brad said...

kasey, i apologize for not commenting sooner... having stumbled across your blog awhile back (via erryn's), i enjoy admiring your creative projects and connecting with your family experiences, which brings me to the post at hand...

kinsey also has a few childrens' bible story books, including the one featuring noah and his prominent white beard, resulting in her singling out santa claus last christmas and proclaiming "loot mama, noah! is noah, mama!"

gotta love it ;)

Angela & Brad said...

p.s. great blog design! aqua is my favorite color ;)

Ali said...

Oh my goodness, she looks like a china doll!

Precious moments I can't believe they grow up so fast.