Thursday, December 4, 2008

getting ready for CHRISTmas

Well last weekend I got a huge dent in the christmas decor. Just yesterday I added some finishing touches. It is a big job...especially trying to do it with two kiddos that are small. But this year I am just so thankful and almost giddy. I just really couldn't wait to do it After our little boy healing from this huge burden that i have been coping with for over 5 months! I know it isn't about the tree or how "decorated" it looks...but it really just makes the setting of this season. Ya know those warm fuzzies. I really love that we are celebrating Jesus' birth, but I am thankful for His life of examplship (is that a word??? or did I spell that right...ahh?) and his death for me. I know He supposedly wasn't born in December, but when then do we give notice to His coming into this world to full fill His promise? It does give me a reminder to teach my children more about Jesus. And it is getting so exciting cause Haiden is 2.5 going on 13... I promise!:) I just now have to tackle the whole Santa thing! Got to get back with you on that one. Take the time to sit down and reflect on how the Lord has blessed you and your family this season. When you take away all the petty things that bother you and you get to the basics of life...the things that really matter (God, family, relationships) you realize the amazing purpose he has for you. It is mind boggling to me, and I really am glad to start seeing glimpses of his plans! We are all so blessed and need to be drawing closer to Him.

Here are some pics of our home this Christmas...I was just playing around with my camara. Enjoy!



Kacie

p.s. I have to figure out this whole picture thing...hang in there with me!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Looks great! Your so talented!!

Jessica said...

Love the TREE! Super cute!