Wednesday, March 18, 2009

issues of the heart

Well...
some of you already know that Sunday night my Dad had a heart attack. It was so random and out of the ordinary to us. He just is not a heart patient or has any signs of a heart patient. All that to say without going through the whole story, he stayed 2 days in the hospital monitored and he is home now resting and getting back to himself again. He will be going back in 6 weeks to see if they need to do open heart surgery or stints on the other 2 remaining blockages. My dad made a sweet comment that he will be very close to Schafer cause they will have some life changing things in common. Two open heart surgeries on people I love is too many to go through in 6 months. But if it makes him better and stay here longer than it is worthy it. I am just gonna need many bottles of hair color to cover this gray.

I had a painting I had to do for someone...she wanted a heart with wings. I had been busy with little things here and there and just not inspired at all. I had a basic idea of what I was gonna do but not feeling the execution of the whole thing. After going through this with my Dad and bringing me memories of Schafer's heart surgery and hospital time...it came to me. I got it done in just a few hours. My friend really didn't give me a color palette or anything that she HAD to have, so I was pretty free to do what I wanted to do. That was nice. It is a painting but has some collage work in there too. I am posting the pics and also some of my brave man who is now a little over 9 MONTHS! Can you believe it...i will be getting on the planning of his 1st bday soon...wow. Well enjoy and just keep my Dad in your prayers.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Love it! You are just so creative.

He is getting so big. I can't wait until we can all start hanging out again.

Lisa Laxton said...

My dad was the same way when he had his first attack. There were no signs or anything. Hope he feels better soon and all that is needed is a stint or two. Give him hugs from us!

Christi said...

Kacie-those paintings ROCK! Love them:) I love all the things going on with them.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he is feeling better.Monty is such a wonderful dad and I know it must be hard to see him in pain. I know we talked about that today......please let us know if we can do anything:)

deleise said...

Very cool. I always like your stuff. I will continue to pray for your dad. And those pics of your little man?...good gracious.

Amanda said...

#1- You are so incredibly talented.
#2- Your son is SO cute!
#3- I am praying for your dad.

Becca Gantz said...

what a sweet comment from your dad about your sweet son. Praise God for the lives that He is healing and making whole again.
praying for the WHOLE family friend.
you are incredibly talented and i love that God has gifted you with such a talent that truly comes from your heart. you are an incredible woman of God and i am blessed to know you. ( and to know you for so many years hehe)